Are you in search of cheap oil change? If yes, then you care your vehicle a lot and wants to save some precious money for regular oil change services. Being a car owner or any other vehicle, oil change is the most important part of your vehicle maintenance and if you are do not care it you can suffer big loss. This is why you should keep your car we oiled according to the scheduled maintenance to maintain and increase the life span of your car. You can do oil change yourself or hire some oil change specialists to perform this for you. In both cases how often you should change oil in your car and take care of other maintenance has been discussed below.
Why You Need Cheap Oil Change?
Dirt and dust is always the cause sludge and oil breaks down as a result of engine heat which effects the performance of your vehicle. Here one common question asked by everyone is; how often I should change oil of my car? It depends on your yearly drive and most importantly model of your car. So number of oil changer per year can vary from 2-5 or even more. This is where most families who have more than one vehicle try to save few pennies on oil change of every vehicle. To solve this issue cheap oil change coupons come into play and save you precious dollars.
How Often I Should Change Engine Oil and Filters?
Normally vehicle manufactures set a schedule for oil change and filter replacement but it sometimes depends on your style of driving and type of fluid that you use. Mostly recommended oil and filter replacement is 7,500 miles while few recommend to change oil after 10,000 miles. If your vehicle is older than 8 years then you need more frequent check of oil and filter. For synthetic fluid oil change should be done after 6,000 miles and for petroleum based vehicles it should be done after 4,000 miles. For more maintenance you must follow your vehicle manual on regular basis.
How Much I Can Save On Oil Change?
Here are few tips to save money on oil change.
- Almost all automotive companies offer coupons through print media or radio and television. Check for these coupons and enjoy savings.
- Many national retail stores like Walmart, Sears, Midas etc offer discounts for their customers so a big chance to save through them.
- You can save money by using synthetic fluid because it lasts longer and give you additional savings.
- Always purchase oil on sale and change when you need it.
- If you can change oil yourself then its worth savings of $20 to $50
Here we have listed few of the latest oil change coupons as well.
- Jiffy Lube- $5 off Jiffy Lube Signature Service (typically costs around $25-$30)
- Merchant’s Tire – $19.99 basic including battery check, brakes check, fluid top off and tire rotation with up to 6 quarts
- EZ Lube- $10 off full-service change
- Midas – $19.99-$30.00 and various other offers depending on the store. Select the location nearest you to see their offers.
- Pennzoil – $5 and $10 off Pennzoil 14 point full-service
- Pep Boys- $24.99 conventional, $5 off high mileage and $10 off synthetic changes including 5 quarts and 25 point check and other offers
- Valvoline- $5 off conventional, $7 off synthetic or synthetic blend. Individual locations offer different specials
- Quick Change- $5 off conventional, $7 off premium and other offers featuring Valvoline
- Oil Can Henry’s- Save $8 to $15 ($19.99 to $24.99) on their famous 20-point full-service in addition to other specials depending on location selected
- Goodyear – $24.95 Conventional, $39.95 Synthetic Blend, $59.95 Full Synthetic & several auto maintenance service offers
- Express Oil – $7 off Express full-service (done in under 10 minutes)
- Firestone- $19.99 synthetic blend oil and filter change and other offers from Firestone
- Sears Auto Center- $21.99 (reg. $29.99) conventional or $8 off high mileage/synthetic
- NTB- $19.99 basic including tire rotation, battery, brakes and belts check and up to 6 quarts
How To Change Oil?
It is not difficult to change oil of your car or any vehicle. Basic steps are simple and same for almost all vehicles.Below are few details of basic oil change process. You need following supplies to get started.
- drain pan
- safety stands
- engine oil
- floor jack
- shop towels
- filter wrench
- approved disposal container
To do a proper oil change you must follow instructions of American Petroleum Institute (API). Read the manual and make sure you get correct viscosity. It is always recomended to change oil when car has run a bit so oil remains in heat and flows more quickly. First lift your care on proper point by using floor jack.